Meet the Carve 4 Cancer Team. Everyone at Carve 4 Cancer is an unpaid volunteer dedicated to our mission.
Brent P. Evans
Brent was not only the founder of Carve 4 Cancer but he was also the heart and soul of the organization. Brent was an avid snowboarder, a legend to all who knew him, and an absolute warrior in his fight against cancer. Unfortunately in July 2017, Brent passed away due to complication with Non-Hogkin's Lymphoma. Today his spirit lives on as our team carries his organization into the future. Our #LiveLikeBrent campaign seeks to challenge our supporters to share their moments that remind us of our founder and the amazing life he lived.
Cameron has been with Carve 4 Cancer since 2015 and brings a wealth of experience in event production. Don't let his shaggy hair fool you, this guy means business.
Since 2014, Ais has been using her background in charity event planning to help take C4C to the next level. She's also not afraid to kick back a shot of Jameson out of a shot ski - so I guess you can say she's pretty badass.
Josh joined Carve in 2014 and has been using his fancy MBA on the business/marketing side of the organization ever since. Josh also thinks he's a great snowboarder and we're all too nice to tell him the truth.
Fletcher has been with Carve since 2015 and has helped the organization grow its partnerships throughout the industry. Fletcher is a Cancer survivor so shredding cancer is literally in his blood!
Earl Stout III
Earl has been with Carve 4 Cancer since day 1. He is a cancer survivor himself, and dedicated countless hours to getting C4C where it is today. Earl has deep roots in the action sports arena and is known to shred on just about everything!
Adam has worked behind the scenes for many years. He officially joined the exec team in 2017, and hit the ground running... or maybe we should say, sprinting! The future of C4C is bright with this guy
Ambassadors and Crew
Mike Murphy (Ambassador)
Mike Murphy is the Owner of Billy Murphys Irish Saloon in Philadelphia. It was here he met Carve 4 Cancer Founder, Brent Evans. The two became close friends and Mike was instantly connected to the C4C mission. Over the years he has helped spread awareness and raise thousands!
Caitlin Maloney (Event Planner)
Caitlin is the owner of the Philadelphia based event planning company, Clover Event Co. She has donated her skills to Carve for since 2015. She brings a wealth of event planning expertise that has made the Carve events such a huge success.
Jared Makrancy (Crew Member)
Jared is our co-lead on the Carve 4 Cancer Crew. Not only is he the tallest member of the Carve team, he's also a jack-of-all trades when it comes to planning, organizing, building, and making the unique elements that everyone has come to expect at a Carve 4 Cancer event.
Jeff Mattes (Ambassador)
Jeff is the owner of Wahoo's Tacos and More in the University City section of Philadelphia. Jeff has been a steadfast supporter and fundraiser for C4C and one of the true cornerstones of our organization.
Rachel Travers (Ambassador)
Rachel connected with Carve 4 Cancer early on and has been an absolute warrior for us. Rachel has strong connections throughout northeastern Pennsylvania. She has helped us raise thousands through her connections and has been dedication to the mission.
Jon Haddad (Crew Member)
Jon is our co-lead on the Carve 4 Cancer Crew. He is in charge of the ever critical behind the scenes logistics team that builds, hauls, organizes, creates and makes just about everything we use at our events.
What We've Achieved
Since our inception in 2012 C4C has come a long way!
- February 2014 our inaugural event takes place at Montage Mountain in Scranton, PA.
- 2015 Carve 4 Cancer moves to Big Boulder Mountain in Lake Harmony, PA.
- Carve 4 Cancer at Boulder Park Lodge a huge success with astronomical growth.
- 2015 C4C incorporates receives 501(c)(3) tax exempt status and officially becomes Carve for Cancer Inc.
- February 2015 Carve 4 Cancer doubles fundraising goals from prior year and brings on national partnerships.
- February 2016 Carve raises $10,000 for the University of Washington Medicine Advancement work on T-Cell Lymphoma
- September 2016 Carve 4 Cancer Partners with Kick for Cancer to raise thousands of dollars in long-board skating event in Philadelphia, PA
- February 4, 2017 the largest Carve 4 Cancer event ever at Jack Frost/Big Boulder Mountain in Lake Harmony PA.
- 2017 Carve 4 Cancer begins to mobilize and create regional events all across the mid-atlantic region.
- 2018 Carve 4 Cancer Winter Festival aimed to be largest charity event in company history.